BELOW ARE SOME OF THE MOST COMMONY ASKED QUESTRIONS
WHEN HIRING A DJ / ENTERTAINER FOR A WEDDING
- Do you have a mission statement?
- Our goal is to create a lasting memory that you
and your guests will remember for years to come. We
also want to make sure your day is as enjoyable and
worry free as possible
Experience / Credentials
- There are a lot of DJ services out there, what do
you do that separates you from everyone else?
- We have a philosophy about weddings. We want them
to be unique, elegant and fun, but most importantly
we want them to be personal (your wedding). We have
that separate us from many other DJ services.
- Our wedding day could be the most important day in
our lives. What experience do you have in the
wedding industry and how many wedding celebrations
do you perform in a typical year?
- Mike Miller of Mixmaster DJ Service performs on an
average of 25-35 weddings a year. When you consider
that most weddings occur on Saturday's between the
months of April through November, this is a large
amount of dates committed to weddings. Our
staff must complete 2 years of training as an
assistant before providing entertainment / weddings
on their own.
- Do you
- Through the years we have collected an enormous
amount of evaluations from many past happy brides
and grooms who have used our service. We have
posted many of their comments as well as some video
and or photos on our
- When I hire a DJ from Mixmaster DJ Service who do
- Mixmaster DJ Service has several DJ's who help
who could provide entertainment for your
celebration. When contacting us we will inform you
who will be your DJ. You can request your favorite
DJ and we put it in writing in the contract. Please
remember our staff must be trained extensively
before providing entertainment on solo jobs
Planning your wedding ceremony & reception
- Will you
help us plan for our wedding?
- Yes, one of the reasons for our great success rate
is the planning. We not only get to meet with you,
but we get to learn about your vision and wants.
During the consultation we will put together a
customized agenda including a time schedule of
events go over your bridal party and of course your
music choices. We provide a
which gives pictures and descriptions of the
activities we offer as well as an
online wedding reception planner
for your convenience.
- Do you provide sound for ceremonies?
- Yes, not only can we provide music, we also can provide a wireless lavaliere
mic (which is the about the size of a pencil erase
and barely visible in photos) for your minister and a
wireless handheld microphone for any readings.
We also provide an online
- We live out of the area, do you have an online
- Yes in the event that we are not able to meet
prior to your wedding we still want to plan your
wedding. We will setup a telephone consultation and
online wedding planner
as an aid in the planning process
/ Emcee / Activities Director
- If needed do you emcee, co-ordinate all the
activities, as well as be the DJ at the reception?
- Yes, quite often it is up to the DJ to keep things
moving during the reception. We work with the venue
staff, photographer and video as well as any other
personnel when coordinating any activities
throughout the celebration. We want to make sure
that nothing is missed by anyone on your special
day. We also emcee all aspects of the event as well
play the music.
- Are you an interactive DJ?
- It all starts in the planning process of your
reception. You (the B&G) determine the level of how
interactive you would like us to be. We are careful
not to take the spotlight off the B&G but to enhance
the evening with tasteful interaction.
- What type of
do you play at a typical wedding?
- We try to play all types of music at a typical
wedding celebration as there is usually a wide range
of age guests attending your celebration. We try
to include a little music from all eras. Again it
is up to the B&G to have an input on what type of
music they want played. Mobile beat magazine
Top 100 Music List
of the most requested songs which we use as a guide
when programming the music we play
- Do you take requests?
- Yes during the reception we will be happy to play
any requests that have been forwarded to us as well
as take requests at the event. Of course if we feel
that the request is inappropriate or it will lesson
the enjoyment from the majority of the guests we
will act on our better judgment. We also take into
consideration songs you do not want played.
Below are a couple guidelines set forth by Mixmaster
DJ Service when taking requests
1. Songs must be clean
2. Songs must be
recognizable by the majority of the guests
3. Songs must be
danceable in format
- Do you offer any options / Upgrades?
- Yes Mixmaster DJ Services offers several options /
Ceremony Services -
Media Coverage -
Some of our options / upgrades are included at no
Mixmaster DJ Service for more details
- Do many clients use the options listed above?
- Yes the
Media Coverage have been extremely popular.
always add energy to any event and the
really enhance the decor at your celebration.
- Do you use professional equipment?
- Yes Mixmaster DJ Service uses only top grade
professional sound and
- Do you have a wireless microphone?
- Yes this comes in handy for blessings, toasts and
any other presentations.
- Do you carry backup equipment?
- It is very unusual for any professional equipment
to malfunction. In the case of the "very unusual"
Mixmaster DJ Service does carry backup equipment
- What requirements do you require for setup?
- We require 1 table (6ft or 8ft in length) to be
located within 10 feet from a dedicated electrical
outlet. If the event is held outside, we also
require shelter (tent etc.) from the outdoor elements
- Do you have a list of other professionals in the
- Mixmaster DJ Service has put together a list of
professionals in the
their names and contact information to help aid you
in finding the right person / business for the right
Rates / Bookings
- How much do you charge?
- All rates vary based on event location, date and
time needed. Although our rates are reasonable we
can save you a lot of time if you are "price
shopping" and have decided to book a DJ based solely
on price. While Mixmaster DJ Service (and many
feel that our services represent an excellent value
we do not compete on price but instead compete on
quality. If you truly want an experienced DJ, one
who will help co-ordinate the event, an interactive
DJ who will not only DJ your event but will also be
the emcee, a person committed to helping you plan
your event, one who has professional grade sound and
light systems, one who has an extensive music
library, and one who has a goal to make your wedding
day a memory that will last a lifetime, then give us
a call today!
- Can we schedule a "no obligation" consultation
or fill out our online
request information page.
Remember all dates are filled on a first come first
serve basis so give us a call today!